Technology Tailored to
WNC Audiology wants you to be completely satisfied with the quality of hearing you get from your new hearing aids. As we work with you in the process, there are various factors to consider that will help ensure we match you with a model that best suits your needs.
Hearing aids have come a very long way in a few, short decades. The newest advances include:
- Rechargeable hearing aids that don’t need battery changes
- Bluetooth connectivity to help connect you with your cell phone and television
- Machine learning
- Sensors to help you hear better in noisy environments and to help detect steps and falls
- Total control with an app on your smartphone
- TeleCare to help connect you with your Audiologist, safely and remotely from the comfort of your home
- CROS/BiCROS for single-sided deafness or asymmetrical hearing loss
- Receiver-in-the-Canal (RIC) – The most common and popular. It fits snugly and discreetly behind the ear and a wire comes over the ear and into the ear canal. Can be ordered with rechargeable or disposable batteries.
- Completely-in-the-Canal (CIC) – Very small and extremely discreet. uses only disposable batteries needing replacement every 3-5 days.
- Invisible In-the-Canal (IIC) – Most discreet hearing aid available, uses only disposable batteries needing replacement every 3-5 days.
- Behind-the-Ear (BTE) – Sturdy hearing aid fitting behind the ear with a thin or standard tubing typically fitted to a custom ear mold in the ear. Rechargeable or disposable batteries.
- In-the-Ear or In-the-Canal (ITE or ITC) – Custom made to the ear, all in one piece. Can be ordered with rechargeable or disposable batteries.
Providing the Best Technology on the Market
We work with most manufacturers and commit to treating our patients with the best hearing solution for their individual needs.
Helping Western North Carolina Patients Hear Again
After adjusting to your new hearing aids, you’ll enjoy chatting with friends and loved ones again without missing parts of the conversation. You can be more active and engaged in the world around you. We work with many different hearing aid manufacturers, ensuring a wide selection of models to suit your preferences. If you sign to communicate, we’re also ASL (American Sign Language)-capable.